Business Owner’s Doctrine
The Five Tenets
To leverage the most from your Company
In order to live the rest of your life
In the way that you want
1. Understand the Marketplace (Marketplace awareness and understanding)
- What is going on in the Private Capital Marketplace that affects your company’s value?
- Who are the players?
- How is business transacted?
- What is your competition doing?
2. Identify your personal needs (Assess your personal needs and objectives)
- How much do you need? Want? (Financial Modeling)
- When do you want to retire? Totally? Partially?
- Do you want to travel?
- Do you want to keep the business in the family?
- Do you want to protect your employees?
- Do you want to be a philanthropist?
- Do you want to keep the business intact?
3. Analyze your company’s value objectively (eXamine your business options)
- What is your company worth?
- What do you own?
- What do you lease?
- What employment contracts do you have?
- What vendor contracts do you have?
- Is your computer system state of the art?
- What are your IP assets?
4. Measure the Gap and Design a Map (Identify your action plan for transition)
- Is there a gap between what you need and what your company is worth?
- What to you need to do to close the gap?
5. Decide what to do and ACT! (Model, Measure, Manage, and Maximize Value)
- Bridge the Gap- Increase Value
- Human Resources
- Transfer the company
- Outside Transfer
- Inside Transfer